Our History


Willamette Valley Rehabilitation Center is the oldest sheltered workshop in Oregon that uses contract work as a vehicle for vocational training. It was founded in 1959 by three people in wheelchairs who possessed a lot of drive, a desire and very little money ($50.00). The first year they provided service to approximately 15 disabled people. In 1961 the Center was incorporated as a private non-profit corporation to provide employment, training and general rehabilitation to disabled adults. Over the years we have experienced continued growth. In 1984 a Bingo Center was donated to us and became a fund raiser. Our janitorial program has grown to provide employment to disabled people in Linn, Benton and Marion Countied. We added a can and bottle sorting center and with the excpetion of one supervisor and three drivers, the department functions entirely on labor provided by disabled employees. Our center is located on Highway 20 just three miles East of the Lebanon, Oregon business district. Our Bingo Center is located in the downtown Lebanon area.